This Code of Conduct defines the basic expectations G4S has for its suppliers of goods and services concerning their responsibilities towards their stakeholders and the environment.
G4S reserves the right to reasonably change this Code of Conduct due to changes of the G4S Compliance Program. In such event, G4S expects the supplier to accept such reasonable changes.
G4S reserves the right to review the policies and procedures of the supplier and audit these where required by contract.
G4S expects that its suppliers will endeavor to meet the following standards of conduct:
- To comply with the laws of the applicable legal system(s).
- To have appropriate business ethics policies and procedures. These must be in the appropriate local language(s) and distributed to employees, suppliers and agents. Suppliers must be committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct when dealing with workers, suppliers, and customers.
Prohibition of corruption and bribery
- To tolerate no form of and not to engage in any form of corruption or bribery, including any payment or other form of benefit conferred on any government or public official for the purpose of influencing decision making in violation of law;
- To maintain adequate procedures to prevent employees and others performing services on their behalf from paying and receiving bribes;
- In connection with their relationship and interactions with G4S, to comply with the UK Bribery Act, as if they were a UK company and their employees were UK nationals, USA Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and any other relevant and applicable international anti-corruption conventions, and applicable anti-corruption laws and regulations of the countries in which they operate.
Respect for the basic human rights of employees
- To promote equal opportunities for and treatment of its employees, irrespective of race, nationality, social background, disabilities, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, political or religious conviction, sex, age, marital or civil partnership status or any other factor which cannot be justified;
- To respect the personal dignity, privacy and rights of each individual;
- To refuse to employ or make anyone work against his will;
- To refuse to tolerate any unacceptable treatment of employees, such as mental cruelty, sexual harassment or discrimination;
- To prohibit behavior including gestures, language and physical contact that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative;
- To provide fair remuneration and to guarantee the applicable national statutory minimum wage, union agreements or industry standards;
- To comply with the maximum number of working hours laid down in the applicable laws;
- To recognize, as far as legally possible, the right of free association of employees and to neither favor nor discriminate against members of employee organizations or trade unions.
Prohibition of child labor
- To employ no workers under the age of 15 or, in those countries subject to the developing country exception of the ILO Convention 138, to employ no workers under the age of 14.
Health and safety of employees
- To take responsibility for the health and safety of its employees;
- To control hazards and take the best reasonably possible precautionary measures against accidents and occupational diseases;
- To provide training as appropriate and ensure that employees are educated in health and safety issues;
- To set up or use a reasonable occupational health & safety management system;
- To comply with all relevant local laws and regulations.
- To act in accordance with the applicable statutory and international standards regarding environmental protection;
- To seek to minimize environmental pollution and make continuous improvements in environmental protection;
- To provide G4S with details of their environmental policy upon request;
- To set up or use a reasonable environmental management system and demonstrate a commitment to reducing their environmental impact;
- G4S may require measurement of supplier carbon emissions as part of a Scope 3 GHG measurement requirement as specified in its contracts with certain suppliers.
- To use reasonable efforts to promote among its suppliers compliance with this Code of Conduct;
- To provide G4S with details of their diversity and inclusion policy upon request and where required by contract to provide evidence of how this policy is put into practice;
- To be committed to ensuring its supplier selection processes are transparent, objective and non-discriminatory and provide fair and equal opportunities for all organizations, including Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), Black Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), and organizations owned by under-represented groups;
- To confirm the ability to report periodically to G4S on workforce demographics and other diversity-related issues as required.
- To seek to operate in a manner which provides benefits to society and the economy, whilst minimizing damage to the environment;
- To give consideration to the economic, environmental and social consequences of its choice of design, materials, manufacture, production, logistics, service delivery, operation, maintenance, recycling and disposal and to how best to address these consequences.
Screening of employees
- Where specially required by contract with G4S, to undertake employee screening in line with industry standard for all employees who directly provide services to G4S.
Documentation and records
- To have processes to identify, monitor, and understand applicable laws and regulations and the additional requirements imposed by this Code;
- To obtain, maintain and keep current a valid business license as required by applicable laws and regulations.
- To adopt or establish a management system designed to ensure compliance with the principals of this Code and applicable laws and regulations, identify and mitigate related operational risks, and facilitate continuous improvement.