G4S Technology owns and operates a Video Monitoring and Operations Center. This master control center has the infrastructure, equipment and personnel necessary to provide our customers with first-class network connectivity 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Along with our state-of-the-art network and services management system, our Monitoring Center is designed to provide the widest range of security, reliability and speed. G4S Technology monitoring services and capabilities include the following:
- A dynamic display wall to help coordinate activities between multiple networks and systems by the Monitoring Center Technicians
- Round-the-clock staffing
- House offices for key permanent personnel, monitoring consoles and all servers and wide/local area network equipment needed to support the functions and services of the project
- Monitoring of network equipment alarms and remote site alarms such as power failure, low battery voltage, high or low temperature and high humidity
- Sufficient electrical power back up to continue operations during a power outage
- Coordination of all maintenance activity as a single point of contact for all network maintenance issues
- Monitoring, provisioning, storage and disaster recovery to both government and commercial customers
- Control and maintenance of network documentation
The Monitoring Center also focuses on the more advanced and growing effectiveness of off-site video monitoring. In addition to traditional monitoring, the Monitoring Center can apply behavior recognition algorithms, detecting behaviors in live video streams that threaten safety, alerting staff for immediate response.
The Monitoring Center’s live video feed provides an extra set of eyes that is not subject to the effects of an alarm or event. Instead, operators are able to observe and report within the response guidelines which are predetermined and documented by clients (along with G4S management). Remote viewing of video is particularly valuable in after-hours situations as a means to assess an alarm prior to dispatching patrol services or contacting local authorities. In addition to monitoring live video feeds, the center provides monitoring for:
- Advanced video analytic generated alarms and events
- Scheduled and ad hoc video guard tours
- Video and audio chaperoning of employees
- Lobby management
- Remote monitoring and control of gates and doors
A complete audit trail of all Monitoring Center operator actions is available. In addition, a web portal is provided to allow clients and organizations to access reports and recorded video clips.